If you don't have a hardware wallet yet, it's strongly recommended that you invest in one, as it keeps your crypto much safer than a software wallet alone.
You can win one at https://axion.network/news/updates/axion-summer-giveaway!
1) Download Ledger Live from https://ledger.com/start
2) Connect your new ledger via USB.
3) Select Set up as a new device.
4) Set a pin code.
5) Write down the 24 words on Paper.
6) Confirm the words on the device.
7) In the Ledger Live app, press Add Account, and it will add the wallet you just created on your ledger.
8) Now you can press Receive to see your new wallet address, and send some ETH over to it.
Two ways of connecting the wallet to websites like Axion:
Wallet Connect with Ledger Live
As long as the wallet has some ETH in it, whilst looking at the Account in Ledger Live, press the [Manage] button, and select [Wallet Connect].
Go to https://stake.axion.network and press Connect, and choose Wallet Connect.
Copy the code under the QR code, and paste it into the Ledger Live software.
Import to MetaMask
First, you must enable the 'Ledger Live Bridge' under advanced settings.
Then press Import Hardware Wallet in the Metamask menu
Confirm the popup in Ledger Live, and select the first account once it pops up.
Your wallet is now imported to MetaMask!
Once connected using either of the above methods, it can then be used like a normal wallet, but you will need to confirm each transaction on the device itself.